Conversations builds on Wodify's legacy email system and takes communication with your Athletes to the next level. With Conversations, not only can you leverage Segments to create custom recipient lists, but you can also select your Sender, save Drafts, email test previews, and much more! You can access this feature by going to Communication > Conversations.
For more information on Segments, see this help article: How Do I Create And Use Segments?
Starting a New Email
Start by going to Communication > Conversations, then clicking '+ NEW EMAIL' on the top right of the screen. From here, you will discover a number of new exciting options to custom tailor your messaging.
Choose which ‘Send As’ option to use as part of your email communication:
- As Gym - Don’t allow conversations (“noreply sender”)
- Select this option if you want the sender to be your Gym, but do not allow replies: one-way communication to your recipients
- As Gym - Allow conversations (replies to and from recipients)
- Select this option if you want the sender to be your Gym, and you want to allow conversations (i.e. your recipients can reply and responses will be shown).
- As Self - Allow conversations (replies to and from recipients)
- Select this option if you want the sender to be yourself, and you want to allow conversations
Note: Selecting to send 'As Gym' will apply the user's default location email signature template. See the "Customize Email Signatures" section in this help article for more information on how your 'Send As' selection is integrated with email signature templates.
Create custom distribution lists by manually adding people inside or outside of your system individually - or leverage the power of Segments to select a pre-defined group of people from your Segment list.
Note: Each email recipient will receive their own individual email, and that recipients will not see each other in the "To" field of the email (similar to BCC).
TIP: You can add multiple Segments to your recipients list, just type to search for your Segments and add. No Segments yet? No problem, just click ‘Choose Segments’ and then click ‘New’ to create one on the fly.
Define a Subject & Message
Give your communication a Subject, and leverage the power of the message editor to tailor your message to your recipients. You can customize the style of your email, embed images, use placeholders, and much more using the message editor.
Customize Email Signatures
The signature for your email will depend on which 'Sender As' you selected. As part of Conversations, we've added a new Staff Signature template for you to customize via Communications > Settings > Email Signatures. Quickly access this new feature by clicking the 'Edit Signature Templates' button.
Note: Staff Signature templates can be customized by Location, and are applied to all of your Admins, Managers, Coaches, and Staff at that location. You can upload an image and use bootstrapped placeholders to customize your Staff Signature template, including: First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone.
Tip: Feel free to type your own signature in the body of the message. Just click the 'X' button on the top-right of the signature block to remove it.
Add an attachment to your email by clicking the 'Upload' button.
Preview & Send Test Emails
You can now send yourself a test email prior sending the actual message
- First, click on 'PREVIEW' at the bottom of the page.
- Then, type in emails to send a test email to and click send
- Click 'BACK TO EDIT' to exit preview mode.
- First, click 'Schedule' at the bottom of the page.
- Then, pick a date and time in the future for the email to send, then click 'OK'
- Change your mind? No worries, you can always edit or cancel the email from being sent.
Ready to fire off your email? Easy, just click 'Send Now' to initiate sending your communication.
Note: You can only send new emails after the recipients, subject, and message contents have been defined.
Great, now how do I manage all my Conversations?
The Conversations Mailbox is where you can manage, interact with, and create new communication with people inside and outside of your gym. You can access the new Conversations Mailbox by going to Communication > Conversations. For more, check out this help article: How Do I Use The Conversations Mailbox?