If you would like to customize who receives your mass emails and unsubscribe some people from your mailing list, you can do so by creating a custom segment and updating your segment as needed.
Note: We have plans on our roadmap to redesign our entire communication experience. This help article is designed to provide a workaround for our customers until that redesign is launched and allows for inactive users to be able to manually unsubscribe from a gym's mass emails.
Step 1: Create a segment
Segments allow you to create custom lists of users. In this case, we want to create a segment that encompasses all active and inactive athletes. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to People > Segments
- Click +New Segment
- Name the segment (i.e., All Active and Inactive Athletes)
- Click on the Rules Engine tab
- In segment rules, select, 'Just the Athletes' and +Add This Rule
You now have a segment of people the includes all athletes (of all possible status options).
Step 2: Use the segment as your email mailing list
To send out an email to this specific segment, we will want to leverage the Conversations feature in Wodify.
- Go to Communication > Conversations
- In the top right corner, select +New Email
- Choose your 'Send As' option:
- No reply = do not allow anyone to respond to your message
- Your Gym = allow replies to and from recipients; recipients will see that they are communicating with your gym email
- Your Name = allow replies to and from recipients; recipients will see that they are communicating with YOU via your email address
- Under Choose Recipients, select Choose Segments and type the name of your segment in the search box.
Note: Want to send this email to leads, too? Simply select the 'All Leads' segment after you select your All Active & Inactive Athletes segment!
- Enter your email subject, compose your message, and send!
Step 3: Updating the segment as needed
Let's say you receive a response from a former member who has since moved away and no longer wishes to receive your emails. Here's how you can remove them from receiving any future mass emails from you:
- From Wodify Core, go to People > Segments
- Click on your segment - "All Active & Inactive Athletes"
- Select the Included People tab
- Search the name of the person you want to exclude from your mailing list
- Click exclude next to their name
Now that you've excluded this person, they will stop receiving any emails from you.
Note - If the user is still an active member in Wodify, they will continue to receive automated emails from Wodify if their account meets the conditions tied to your automated emails.