Shopify is an e-commerce platform that enables your business to sell products online. Wodify has built an integration that allows Shopify users to pass products and inventory between the two services.
Who should use Wodify's Shopify Integration?
Wodify customers that want an online retail store on their website should consider using the integration.
What is my Shopify Default Location?
Shopify does not have the concept of multiple locations. Therefore we can only sync inventory with one Wodify location. Wodify customers with multiple locations must choose the location Shopify will sync inventory. Once a location has been chosen it cannot be changed.
What is synced between Wodify and Shopify?
Wodify to Shopify:
- Any product created in Wodify and all of its product details (except Location - Shopify has no concept of Location) will be created in Shopify.
- Any edits made to a product in Wodify will sync with Shopify
- Inventory changes made in the Shopify default location in Wodify will sync. Products sold and/or returned from your default Shopify location in Wodify will adjust inventory in Shopify!
Note: If you have items already added into Wodify that need to be synced into Shopify, then you will need to enable synchronization for each existing product. This is done by:
- Head to Wodify Admin > Retail > Products > Click into each product to be edited
- Click on the Connect link
- Click on the Save button
Shopify to Wodify:
- Existing Shopify products can be pulled ONE TIME to Wodify from Shopify. This one time sync occurs when the Shopify integration is enabled. All product details, except SEO and Collections data, will sync to Wodify
- Inventory changes due to sales or returns made in Shopify will sync with inventory in Wodify
- Any Shopify products with different values for 'Charge Tax', 'Track Inventory', or 'Allow users to purchase this item, even if it is no longer in stock' will not be pulled to Wodify. For example, if a Shopify product has one variant that charges tax but the other variant does not, the product will NOT sync to Wodify. These products must be manually created in Wodify and reconciled with Shopify.
IMPORTANT: Sales details are not synced between Wodify and Shopify.
How to setup your Shopify Integration:
First, you will need to Generate a New Private App in Shopify. See full Instructions on Shopify's website HERE.
From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
Click Manage private apps.
Click Create a new private app.
In the App details section, enter a name for your app, and an emergency developer email.
In the Admin API section, select the areas of your store that you want the app to access.
Next, you will need to enable your Private App's API to include permissions for Wodify and Shopify to communicate.
The below screenshot will show you how this should be edited. Please be sure to allow for 'Read and Write' or 'Read access' from your end exactly how it appears below:
Next, you can start your initial Wodify Setup:
- Login to Wodify Admin
- Click 'Retail' > 'Settings' > 'Shopify' > Enable Shopify Integration
- Enter the name of your Shopify Store (if the name includes spaces, replace spaces with hyphens, e.g. my-awesome-store). Note - this is not the 'title' of your Private App; this is the name of your store when you first set up your Shopify Account.
- Enter your Shopify API Key & Password. API keys and passwords are needed for Wodify to communicate with your Shopify store.
- Choose the Wodify location used to sync inventory with Shopify (IMPORTANT: This location can not be changed once you enable Shopify)
- Enter the default tax rate for each product that requires tax to be charged
- Enter the default Revenue Category
- Click Save
Upon clicking Save, Wodify will pull all Shopify products from your current store into Wodify. Each product's visibility will be 'Hidden' in Wodify by default. Products must be changed to 'Visible' in order to sell them in Wodify POS.
I am introducing a new product - should I create the product in Wodify or Shopify?
Shopify product details are only pushed to Wodify one time - upon the initial Shopify integration. After Shopify is integrated any new products must be created in Wodify.
If you wish to sell a product in Wodify but not Shopify, make sure the 'Create & connect to Shopify' checkbox is disabled when you create your product. If the product has already been created, click 'Disconnect' in the Shopify section of the Product Edit screen.
Wodify is the system of record after integrating with Shopify. Any product or inventory adjustments required should be made in Wodify - not Shopify.