- Once you're ready, go ahead and sign up for your MailChimp account.
- After that, click here to watch basic MailChimp tutorial videos.
In this article, we will cover:
Setting up the MailChimp Integration
First, add an audience of MailChimp:
- Login to MailChimp
- Select the Audience Tab
- Select Create Audience
- Fill out the details for your audience
- Pro Tip: Take note of the name of your audience, you'll need this later!
- Open your Audience
- Select the Settings button from the horizontal navigation and Select the Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags
- Select Add a field and create the fields below:
- Select Radio Button
- Replace Untitled with Active
- Enter Yes for the first choice
- Enter No for the second choice
- Select Save
Note: If you have multiple locations in Wodify and you would like to have a separate MailChimp Audience by Location, please be aware of the Location field. When adding the 'Location' field, you will want to make sure to make the field type as 'Text.' This location will pull from the athletes' default location within their Wodify profile and will allow you to send emails within Mailchimp based on Location.
Below is an example of your completed MailChimp Audience:
Setting up the Wodify Integration
- Select Communication > Settings
- Select MailChimp Integration across the top
- Select Enable
- New fields are displayed:
- MailChimp API Key
- To find your key, go back to MailChimp and click the Account tab
- Select the Extras Tab
- API Keys
- Copy the long alpha-numeric text in the API Key column
- Paste this value into the MailChimp API Key Field in Wodify
- MailChimp Audience
- Enter the name of the audience you just created in MailChimp
- Add existing athletes to MailChimp
- MailChimp API Key
Finally, if you have existing athletes in Wodify, you can easily add them to your MailChimp audience:
- Select Communication > Settings > MailChimp Integration
- Select the link Add existing athletes to MailChimp
Note: All athletes created after your MailChimp integration is completed will automatically be added to your MailChimp Audience.
If you need any additional assistance with the Wodify <> MailChimp Integration, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.