Wodify is integrated with MailChimp to empower admins to send mass emails to their Athletes.
Click here to learn more about what makes MailChimp so great and easy to use. Once you're ready, go ahead and sign up for your MailChimp account. After that, click here to watch basic MailChimp tutorial videos.
Setup MailChimp integration to Wodify:
First, add an audience of MailChimp:
- Login to MailChimp
- Click the 'Audience' tab
- Click 'Create Audience'
- Fill out the details for your audience; remember the name of your audience
- Open your Audience
- Click the 'Settings' button from the horizontal navigation and click 'Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags'
- Click 'Add a field' and create the fields below:
- click 'Radio Button'
- Replace 'Untitled' with 'Active'
- Enter 'Yes' for the first choice
- Enter 'No' for the second choice
- Click Save
IMPORTANT: If you have multiple locations in Wodify and you would like to have separate MailChimp Audience by Location, please be aware of the Location field. When adding the 'Location' field, you will want to make sure to make the field type as 'Text.' This location will pull from the athletes' default location within their Wodify profile and will allow you to send emails within Mailchimp based on Location.
Below is an example of your completed MailChimp Audience:
Next, you'll need to setup Wodify to complete the integration:
- Login to Wodify Admin
- Click 'Communication' > 'Settings'
- Click 'MailChimp Integration' across the top
- Click 'Enable'
- New fields are displayed:
- MailChimp API Key
- To find your key, go back to MailChimp and click the Account tab
- Click 'API Keys & Authorized Apps'
- Copy the long alpha-numeric text in the API Key column
- Paste this value into the MailChimp API Key field in Wodify
- MailChimp Audience
- Enter the name of the audience you just created in MailChimp
- Add existing athletes to MailChimp
- MailChimp API Key
Finally, if you have existing athletes in Wodify, you can easily add them to your MailChimp audience:
- Go to 'Communication' > 'Settings' > 'MailChimp Integration'
- Click the link 'Add existing athletes to MailChimp'
IMPORTANT!! All athletes created after your MailChimp integration is completed will automatically be added to your MailChimp Audience.