Invoices can have discounts and refunds applied. Discounts can also be applied to memberships. The following article details each type of discount and refund that can be applied to invoices.
- Line Discount:
- Line discounts are discounts applied to invoice line items. Line Discounts can be applied as a dollar amount or percentage.
- Header Discount:
- Header Discounts are discounts applied AFTER line discounts. For example, if a $100 line item has a Line Discount of $10 and then a Header Discount of 10% applied to it, the final charge of the invoice is $81.
- Line Refund:
- Line Refunds are applied after an invoice is paid. You can collect item returns OR provide a dollar amount refund to the line. Upon clicking 'Refund Item' on an invoice line item you must choose if you wish to return an item:
- If you are returning an item, choose how many you are returning and click 'Complete Return'
- If you are NOT returning an item, choose the amount of the refund and click 'Complete Refund'
IMPORTANT: Once you have returned an item you can no longer refund a dollar amount to the line item. Once you have refunded a dollar amount to the line you can not return an item.
- Header Refund:
- Header Refunds are applied after an invoice is paid. Header refunds should be used when a customer is returning ALL items and a full refund is necessary.