Sections are the general headings used to help break up a Workout. Sections are for grouping similar or related movements for formatting purposes only.
In this article, we will cover:
There are four global sections; Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Metcon, and Warm-Up. Components will be added under these sections to ensure the proper structure of a workout. An example of section and component breakdowns is provided below.
- To add a section to a Workouts, click on the Add a section from the dropdown within a Workouts and pick a section
- The sections included here are Warm-Up, Metcon, and Weightlifting
- The components pictured below are housed under the sections and include a 1-mile run (under Warm-Up), Fran (under Metcon), and Back Squat and Deadlift (under Weightlifting)
- Back Squat and Deadlift are grouped together under the weightlifting section as they are weightlifting components
- However, components can be housed under any section; ex: placing Back Squat under the Warm-Up section of a workout
Adding a Custom Section
Admins and managers can create their own sections unique to their business.
- Go to Workout > Components > +New Section
- Enter the name of the new section and click Save
- The new section will appear in the section dropdown menu when building your Workouts.
- Sections created by your business can be deleted at any time by going to Workout > Components and clicking into a section, then clicking Deactivate.
Understanding Section Differences
Each global section is built to utilized in specific ways. Please read below to understand the differences between sections.
Warm-ups are the work and movements completed before the workout; the warm-up section is typically associated with global or custom warm-up components
In Wodify, Warm-ups will always display on the Full-Screen Workout and your website (if linked)
They never will have a result to be entered on the Coachboard and will never display on the Whiteboard
Warm-ups are not intended to be scored or tracked
- Weightlifting sections are typically associated with global or custom weightlifting components
- Global or custom weightlifting components will have a result to be entered on the Coachboard, will be displayed on the Whiteboard, and are tracked for PRs (personal records)
- Each component requires a rep scheme and score with rep scheme describing the total movements you wish each client to complete and score being the result you wish your clients to record on the Coachboard
- Metcon sections are typically associated with global or custom metcon components
- Global or custom metcon components will have a result to be entered on the Coachboard and will be displayed on the Whiteboard
- These custom metcon components can be created as affiliate benchmarks or as one time non-benchmark Metcons
- Benchmark: Workouts that are intended to be tracked and repeated over time. You will name these workouts
- Non-benchmark: Workouts that are NOT intended to be tracked and repeated over time. You will not give these workouts names
- Gymnastic sections are typically associated with global or custom gymnastic components
- Global or custom gymnastic components will have a result to be entered on the Coachboard, will be displayed on the Whiteboard, and can be tracked for PRs (personal records)
TIP: Wodify Blueprint Course - Getting Started with Wodify Perform
If you need any additional assistance with Managing Workout Sections, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.