The Right to Data Portability
- The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- Doing this enables individuals to take advantage of applications and services that can use this data to find them a better deal or help them understand their spending habits.
- The right only applies to information an individual has provided to a controller.
- Some organisations in the UK already offer data portability through midata and similar initiatives which allow individuals to view, access and use their personal consumption and transaction data in a way that is portable and safe.
What to do if you receive a request for Data Portability:
If you receive a request from one of your members, drop-ins, participants, you can email Wodify. We have developed an automated script that will pull all of the personal data we hold on them in a csv file that is easily portable.
To put in a request just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email of the user and we will export their data using our automated script and respond to your email request.
We can also do the same for our customers. If you would like to submit a request for a copy of your own personal data, simply email email@example.com and we will export all personal data held by Wodify in a portable csv file and respond to your request.