The Right to Object
- The GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
- Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing.
- In other cases where the right to object applies you may be able to continue processing if you can show that you have a compelling reason for doing so.
- You must tell individuals about their right to object.
- An individual can make an objection verbally or in writing.
- You have one calendar month to respond to an objection.
What to do if someone invokes their right to object to the processing of their personal
We will handle these requests the same as we would for a request for erasure. As a processor, we will not delete a member's data without the consent of our customer (controller). Customers must submit a request to [email protected] with their customer’s email so we can look up the user in our system and delete all personal data.
As a customer, you can also email [email protected] directly and request we delete your personal data and we will process your request.