There are instances in which an athlete requires that their membership is placed on hold for various reasons - vacation, an injury or financial reasons.
Important: The ability to hold memberships is available in the Grow and Promote packages. It is not currently available on the Engage package.
Important: Here are some things to keep in mind when you're applying a hold.
- If the athlete's hold start date is the same as their billing date, the athlete will be charged and their next invoice due date will be pushed back to account for the time missed.
- Holding a membership will never result in a pro-rated invoice. On the contrary, a hold will change the membership's billing date by extending it by the number of days in the hold period.
- We recommend that you check the new due date for the membership invoices, after adding the hold, and communicate the change to the athlete.
- Invoices will not be created during the hold period. Future membership invoice due dates will adjust to the hold end date.
To apply a hold to a membership:
- Go to Wodify Core > 'People' > 'Athletes' > Choose your athlete
- Under 'Memberships' click on the membership you wish to hold
- Click 'Actions' > 'Add Hold'
- Choose the Start, End, and Hold Reason
- Click Save
TIP!: If you do not want an athlete to be billed for a specific month the 'Start Date' of their hold will need to start prior to the invoice due date. Example, if an athlete pays on the 15th of every month but they are going on a hold for the month the 'Start Date' of the hold must start on the 14th. If the hold starts on the 15th, they will be billed and then the hold will begin and their next invoices will be adjusted to reflect that payment.