From time-to-time, gyms change the price of their different memberships. The most common scenarios for updating membership pricing are:
- Update the membership price for all existing members
- Update the membership price for new members
This article will teach you how to update your membership pricing for both of these scenarios.
How to Update Pricing for Existing Members
In order to update your pricing for athletes that already have memberships on their accounts, you will need to use the Mass Update Pricing feature.
Any updates made to membership pricing via the Mass Pricing Update feature will take place on your athletes’ next billing date, so you will want to make these changes during the period before the billing date when you want the new pricing to go into effect. (e.g. if you bill on the 1st of the month and you want your new pricing to go into effect on January 1st, 2021; you should use the Mass Update Pricing feature between December 2nd and December 31st, 2020.).
If you’d like to learn more about your athletes’ billing dates, navigate to Reporting > Athletes > Membership Renewal.
To update your pricing go to Classes > Settings > Memberships and click the ‘Mass Update Pricing’ tab. Click ‘Update’ next to the membership plan that you would like to make changes to.
Note: Memberships with discounts or promo codes cannot be mass updated using this feature. These memberships will need to be updated individually on the athletes’ profile.
Step 1: Set New Price For Memberships
- Initial Commitment - The price entered will adjust the price for members on a long term commitment (3 months, 6 months, etc.). Updating the initial commitment price will change the price of all future invoices that have already been generated on the athlete’s profile for the initial membership commitment.
- Renewal Commitment - The price entered will adjust the price for members on a month-to-month membership, as well as the renewal price for longer-term commitment members.
- Click Next.
Note: The new price entered excludes taxes. If taxes are configured already in your financial settings and configured in the payment plan, then the tax rate will be reflected on the new price on the memberships and invoices.
Step 2: Select Memberships for Mass Update
- Review the athletes, invoices, and memberships that are included to be updated with your new pricing
- You can exclude any athlete from the update by disabling the toggle in the ‘Included’ column
- Click Review.
Note: All unpaid invoices with a future due date will be updated. Any overdue invoices will not reflect the updated price
Step 3: Review and Confirm Price Update
- Review all the new commitment prices
- If applicable, choose to keep current contract or issue a new contract by email
- You may want your member to sign a new contract that reflects the updated pricing. Generating a new contract will invalidate the current contract on file for the athlete.
- Click Confirm Mass Update
- You will receive a detailed email when the process has been completed.
How to Update Pricing for New Members
To update your membership pricing for new athletes that join your gym, head to Classes > Memberships.
- Click into the membership template that you would like to update
- Scroll down to the Payment Plan section and click into the payment plan that you would like to change
- Click to the Pricing tab and make your changes to the Initial AND Renewal Commitment prices
- Save your changes
Note: This will only change the pricing for new memberships added to athlete profiles going forward. In order to update pricing for athletes who already have memberships, you will want to follow the steps above to Mass Update Membership Pricing.
Looking to create an entirely new membership at your gym? Review the article on Creating a Membership for instructions.
If you need any additional assistance with updating your pricing, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.