From time-to-time, businesses change the price of their different memberships. This article will walk you through how you can mass update your membership prices for existing clients, and show you how to change the pricing for any new clients!
In this article, we will cover:
How to Update Pricing for Existing Clients
In order to update your pricing for clients that already have memberships on their accounts, you will need to use the Mass Update Pricing feature. Click here for a quick video walkthrough of this!
Any updates made to membership pricing via the Mass Pricing Update feature will take place on your clients’ next billing date, so you will want to make these changes during the period before the billing date when you want the new pricing to go into effect. (e.g. if you bill on the 1st of the month and you want your new pricing to go into effect on January 1st, 2022; you should use the Mass Update Pricing feature between December 2nd and December 31st, 2021.).
If you’d like to learn more about your clients’ billing dates, navigate to Reporting > Clients > Membership Renewal.
To Mass Update Pricing:
- Go to Wodify Admin > Classes > Settings > Memberships tab
- Click the Mass Update Pricing tab
- Click Update next to the membership plan that you would like to make changes to
Note: Memberships with discounts or promo codes cannot be mass updated using this feature. These memberships will need to be updated individually on the clients’ profiles.
Step 1: Set New Price For Memberships
- Initial Commitment - The price entered will adjust the price for clients on a long-term commitment (3 months, 6 months, etc.). Updating the initial commitment price will change the price of all future invoices that have already been generated on the client’s profile for the initial membership commitment.
- Renewal Commitment - The price entered will adjust the price for clients on a month-to-month membership, as well as the renewal price for longer-term commitment clients.
- Click 'Next'
Note: The new price entered excludes taxes. If taxes are configured already in your financial settings and configured in the payment plan, then the tax rate will be reflected on the new price on the memberships and invoices.
Step 2: Select Memberships for Mass Update
- Review the clients, invoices, and memberships that are included to be updated with your new pricing
- You can exclude any client from the update by disabling the toggle in the ‘Included’ column
- Click 'Review'
Note: All unpaid invoices with a future due date will be updated. Any overdue invoices will not reflect the updated price
Step 3: Review and Confirm Price Update
- Review all the new commitment prices
- If applicable, choose to keep the current contract or issue a new contract by email
- You may want your client to sign a new contract that reflects the updated pricing. Generating a new contract will invalidate the current contract on file for the client.
- Click 'Confirm Mass Update'
- You will receive a detailed email when the process has been completed.
How to Update Pricing for New Clients
To update your existing membership pricing:
- Go to Wodify Admin > Classes > Memberships
- Click into the membership template name that you would like to update
- Scroll down to the Payment Plan section and click on the payment plan that you would like to change
- Click to the Pricing tab and make your changes to the Initial AND Renewal Commitment prices
- Click 'Save' to save the changes to your payment plan
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the membership template page before navigating away from this page.
Note: This will only change the pricing for new memberships added to client profiles going forward. In order to update pricing for clients who already have memberships, you will want to follow the steps above to Mass Update Membership Pricing.
Looking to create an entirely new membership? Review the article on Creating a Membership for instructions.
Tip: Wodify Blueprint Course: Create your Memberships
If you need any additional assistance with Updating Membership Pricing, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Priority Live Chat in your admin account (Promote only).