The Staff role is an optional role on each Wodify user's profile that enables the member to track hours and classes worked during a given pay period. Only Wodify customers that have enabled Payroll will see the Staff role.
The Staff role is designed specifically to track hours (pays) for Wodify users that should not have Admin, Manager, or Coach permissions in Wodify, but are still on your payroll.
- Janitorial staff, interns, or front desk employees, for example
Note: Any user that is given the Admin, Manager, and/or Coach role is automatically assigned the Staff role, as well.
In this article, we'll cover:
When the Staff role is enabled on a Wodify user:
- The user has access to the My Payroll tab on both desktop and in the mobile app
- The user can be added to any position in Payroll that you enable for Staff and can be assigned to classes with those positions
- Pay rates can be assigned to the Staff member on the Payroll>Setup Payroll screen
Staff members are not given access to Wodify Core without Coach, Manager, or Admin permissions; only the client apps
How to add the Staff role to a user
In order to have the staff role, the user must be an active client in your environment. You can refer to this article for assistance with creating a new client. The Staff role can only be added to a client by Admins and Managers, but not Coaches or other Staff.
- Find the athlete under People>Athletes (or using the Shift+S global user search), and click on the client's name to pull up their profile
- Click into the Profile tab within the client profile
- Scroll down to the Roles & Permissions section
- Check the box next to Staff
- Scroll down and Save
Note: The Staff role will only be available if you have enabled Payroll in your account. If you do not see the Staff option in a client's profile, go to Payroll>Setup Payroll to make sure it's enabled
How to track Payroll for Staff
You have two options for determining pay for staff members: Hourly Only or Per-Class
To learn more about how to set up Staff for hourly only pay and how they can track their hours, take a look at this article:
To learn more about how to set up Staff for per-class pay and track their hours, take a look at this article:
If you have any questions about adding or managing the Staff role, reach out to us at email@example.com!