The Memberships Insights dashboard provides a comprehensive overview of critical data about your business. It allows you to view reporting specific to your members, such as a breakdown of active clients with and without memberships, and a chart for age/gender distribution, so that you can make informed decisions on managing your members.
This article contains the following sections:
- Sorting by Location & Date Range
- Current Memberships
- Memberships Over Time
- Membership Holds
- Data Table
- Tips & Tricks
Sorting by Location & Date Range
To get started, head to Analytics -> Insights > Memberships and choose the location and date range that you would like to view these insights.
You have the ability to select the date range and location you would like to view data from (if you are a multi-location business).
Multi-location businesses can select either "All Locations" or an individual location from the dropdown.
To select the date range for the data visualized:
- the number of "Months Ahead" - which refers to the number of months of future projections you'd like to view
- the number of "Months Back" - which refers to the number of months of historical data you'd like to view
1. Total Membership by Membership Type
- This pie chart illustrates the total number of memberships categorized by membership type.
- When you hover over a membership type on the chart, it displays the percentage of all memberships made up by that membership type and the number of total memberships for that membership type.
2. Total Memberships by Payment Plan
- This pie chart illustrates the total number of memberships categorized by payment plan.
- When you hover over a payment plan category, it displays the percentage of all memberships made up of that specific payment plan category and the number of total memberships for that specific payment plan category.
- When you hover over the "other" category, it will display the remaining list of payment plan categories.
Memberships Over Time
1. Membership Revenue Over Time and Projections
- All future projections are based on current memberships, their payment schedule, and whether they are set to auto-renew.
- Scheduled revenue refers to invoices that have already been generated due on a future date (i.e. invoice for a commitment membership)
- Renewals revenue refers to expected invoices that have not yet been generated (i.e. month-to-month membership invoices).
- Historical data is based on past invoices.
- All invoice data used here is only information associated with memberships, so it is not total revenue. Retail revenue, for example, is not included.
- Hover over each color category to see the billing status & net revenue.
2. Total Memberships based on Renewal Status
- Illustrates all current memberships based on renewal status.
- If a membership is set to On Hold, it is put into that group regardless of the auto-renew status. When the hold is over, the membership will be placed back into the correct bucket.
- Hover over each color category to see total memberships for that category and the renewal status.
3. Value of Expiring Memberships by Expiration Month
- Illustrates the total value of all membership plans expiring within a particular month
- Hover over the bar to see the total dollar value lost and the total number of plans expiring.
4. Value of Expiring Memberships
- Contains detailed information concerning memberships that are set to expire (and not set to auto-renew) in the coming months
1. Cost of On-Hold Memberships
How it’s calculated: For all memberships that were on hold in the date range set for the Insight, we calculate how much of the total membership falls into that range and allocate the relevant percentage of the total revenue generated by that membership to the hold.
What it means to your business: When a membership is put on hold, it results in a direct cost to your business, this insight will allow you to track how much holds are costing you.
2. Hold Cost by Month, Reason
How it’s calculated: This chart is just breaking down the amount to the left by month. If a single hold spreads across multiple months, the fraction of the hold that fell in each month will be broken down into the correct month.
What it means to your business: This hold cost can, in theory, be added to your revenue in each month to see what fraction of your total you are losing each month to holds.
3. Currently on Hold Memberships
How it’s calculated: All memberships that are currently set to the On Hold setting. When the hold ends the client will be removed from this list.
- Provides historical billing data and future projections/scheduled billing in a spreadsheet format.
- Future projections are based on current memberships, payment schedules, and whether memberships are set to auto-renew. Historical data is based on paid invoices.
- This table will show up to 2,000 records, however, exporting and downloading the data will produce the entire data set.
- All invoice data used here is filtered to only have information associated with memberships, so it is not all revenue. Retail revenue, for example, is not included.
Tips & Tricks
1. Note that at any time, you can click the "i" icon when hovering over a visualization to learn more.
2. You may also download that particular visualization's data set by hovering over the visualization and clicking the download icon.
If you need any additional assistance with Insights, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Priority Live Chat in your admin account (Promote only).