Custom Reporting (powered by Metabase) is our new business intelligence tool that allows you to make your own reports!
- It lets you ask questions about your data, and displays answers in formats that make sense, whether that’s a bar graph or a detailed table.
- Your questions can be saved for later, making it easy to come back to them, or you can group questions into great-looking dashboards.
- No technical knowledge is required! We hope you love it.
*Custom Reporting is currently available for all plans from our temporary new release availability, pricing and availability are subject to change.
In this article, we'll cover:
How to Find it & Logging In
- Once you're logged into your Core account, go to Reporting > Custom Reporting BETA
- Click on "Open Custom Reporting":
- You will be taken to a sign-in screen. Click on 'Sign in':
- Note: To access Custom Reporting, please use the same credentials you use to access your Wodify Core account.
Custom Reporting will show you a few things on the homepage:
- Sample Questions to Get Started
- These are questions curated by our team for your convenience.
- Your Personal Collection
- These are your saved questions. This will save reports for your environment, not just per user.
- This is where you can begin building your report.
Asking questions is where the real power is found in Custom Reporting. For the next few examples, we’ll be using the dataset from your Wodify Core account.
- Click "New" at the top of the screen followed by "Question".
- You’ll then need to click the Custom Reporting database, then pick a table from the list.
- For our sample question, we will be working with the Attendance table.
Filtering & Summarizing
To demonstrate filtering and summarizing, we'll start with a sample question:
- Who attended the most classes this year so far?
To find out, we'll want to filter the data by Class Date. To do so:
- Click the Filter button to open up the filtering sidebar
- Select Class Date as the column to filter on
From the drop-down menu, you can specify your filter. For our sample question, you'll want to filter by date:
- Select Between
- Select 01/01/2021 as the start date (left date box)
- Select Today's Date as the end date (right date box)
- Click Add Filter
Next, we need to tell Custom Reporting how we want to see the data. When we ask things like “how many,” “what’s the total,” “what’s the average,” etc., we need to summarize our data. To do so:
- Click the Summarize button to open the sidebar. The “Count” metric is selected by default.
- Click on the data you want to group by. For our sample question, you'll want to summarize by Client Name. Then click Done!
By default, you will see your data in the form of a graph, but you can easily toggle to a table view/spreadsheet by selecting the table icon on the bottom of the screen.
Once in the table/spreadsheet view, simply sort the Count column by descending order and you officially have your first answer!
It looks like one of our members attended class 5 times this year so far! Another way of saying this is that there were 5 records in the table that met the parameters we set.
- Related article: Data and Tables for Custom Reporting
If you need any additional assistance with Custom Reporting, feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Priority Live Chat in your admin account (Promote only).