Membership Templates include the details of the membership, such as if it's a plan or session membership, pricing options, auto-renew membership options, and programs available to the membership.
The most common memberships are recurring monthly memberships (plans) where the member agrees to pay the gym on a specific date each month for either unlimited attendance or a given number of visits per week or month. Alternatively, with session memberships the member pays an amount up front for a predetermined number of sessions to be used generally whenever (commonly referred to as a "punch card").
To create Plans: (click here for sessions)
- Go to Wodify Admin > 'Classes' > 'Pricing'
- Click 'New Plan' in the 'Plans' section
- Enter your Plan Details:
- Plan Name: Text field to enter the name of your plan. Choose a name that you can quickly identify like CrossFit Unlimited, CrossFit 3x Per Week.
- Attendance Limit: Picklist field. Choose between 'Limited' and 'Unlimited'. When 'Limited' is selected, enter the limit for the plan. The limit can be a number of times per Year, Month, Week, or Day.
- Revenue Category: Picklist field. Revenue Category values are customized by the gym.
- Brief Description: Text entered here will will display on your online sales portal.
- Create your Payment Plans. Click 'New Payment Plan' to create a Payment Plan:
- Name of payment plan: Text field to enter the name of your payment plan like Month to Month, 6 Month Contract.
- Location(s): Each active location at your box is displayed. Choose which locations the Payment Plan is available. Choose the tax rate applied at your chosen locations.
- If you do not currently apply tax it is best practice to keep the tax rate for 'Services' (0%) selected so that if you do update your tax rate in the future the membership plan template will update automatically as well.
- Initial Commitment: This is the minimum length of time an athlete has agreed to be a member at your gym. This is used to help gyms where the initial commitment from the Athlete is different period in time to the Renewal agreement. The Initial Commitments can be weeks, months or years.
- Athlete is billed every: Based on the time of measure chosen in 'Initial Commitment', this field determines how often your member is billed during the Initial and Renewal Commitments. If unit of measure is 'Months' or 'Years' this value will always be 'Month'. If 'Weeks', this value is a multiple of the entered 'Initial Commitment' (e.g. Initial Commitment is 8 weeks, 'Athlete is billed every' value will be 1, 2, 4, or 8).
- Auto Renew: Click this switch if this plan has an automatic renewal option. When checked, Wodify's payment system will automatically create a new invoice for these plans when the membership expires. When enabled, a new field, 'Renewal Commitment', is displayed. Enter the length of the renewal agreement.
Your Contract Membership Plan Template is now complete. This membership plan can now be added to any active Athlete in Wodify. It is important to remember that this is a TEMPLATE; when you add the membership to an Athlete, you can edit most of the options in your plan to fit your agreement with the Athlete.
IMPORTANT!: When entering the pricing for the payment plan make sure to enter the fee for both the Initial Commitment as well as for the Renewal Commitment.